Build-A-Book: A Step-by-Step Primer
11 sessons in plotting and drafting your novel. A video series.
You're writing a book...but suddenly...
- You're stuck because you don't know where to take your characters next.
- Or, your plot feels dull
- Or, egads, you see another book just like it come out!
- And you just wish you knew your hard work was producing a book that will sell.
Susan May Warren understands. Having written 50 books, she's encountered those thoughts in every single book. But, after fifty novels, she's found a few tricks on pushing through, getting the words on the page and making sure she's creating a powerful story.
Would you like to learn her secrets? Watch a book come together, see how she wrestles through plot and character issues, layers the plot onto the page, weaves in emotions and creates tension?
Then the Build-a-Book series if for you!
In this class, build a book with RITA award-winning, best-selling novelist Susan May Warren. She will bring you inside the storycrafting process, teaching you how to create characters, a plot, develop conflict, the black moment, the epiphany and finally… the happy ending.
Experience the creation process, watch the decisions that plot each step of the hero’s journey, learn the nuances of crafting a story, and get the tools to write your own novel.
At the end of the series you can read the book created! Susan May Warren is really excited to share her secrets and let you peek behind the curtain.
You too can Build-a-Book.
The Build-a-Book project is a video series of 11 Lessons that follow Susan’s plotting and drafting of You Don’t Have to be a Star. Susie explains the decisions and that go into her draft of the novella, and teaches different techniques she employs. Originally aired live, these lessons form a primer that you can follow to brainstorm, plot, and draft your novel.
You'll get a a copy of
You Don’t Have to be a Star.
Included in the course are the
video recordings and PDF notes for each of these sessions:
- Build-a-Book Lesson 1: Brainstorming Your Best Idea
- Build-a-Book Lesson 2: Plot Your Chatacter's Journey
- Build-a-Book Lesson 3: Creating a Powerful Story Arc
- Build-a-Book Lesson 4: Get the Story on the Page
- Build-a-Book Lesson 5: Chapter 1 - Secrets to Starting Your Story!
- Build-a-Book Lesson 6: Chapter 2 - Tools for Hooking Your Reader!
- Build-a-Book Lesson 7: Chapter 3 - How to Build the Noble Quest
- Build-a-Book Lesson 8: Chapter 4 - Keep Your Momentum
- Build-a-Book Lesson 9: Chapter 5 - Emotional Layering
- Build-a-Book Lesson 10: Chapter 6 - Show Versus Tell
- Build-a-Book Bonus Lesson: The Final Chapters - Creating the Happy Ending
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 1: Brainstorming Your Best Idea (64:22)
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 2: Plot Your Character's Journey (61:12)
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 3: Creating a Powerful Story Arc (70:27)
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 4: Get the Story on the Page (76:13)
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 5: Chapter 1 - Secrets to Starting Your Story! (76:50)
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 6: Chapter 2 - Tools for Hooking Your Reader! (64:06)
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 7: Chapter 3 - How to Build the Noble Quest (65:47)
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 8: Chapter 4 - Keep Your Momentum (65:12)
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 9: Chapter 5 - Emotional Layering (68:41)
StartBuild-a-Book Lesson 10: Chapter 6 - Show Versus Tell (68:45)
StartBuild-a-Book Bonus Lesson: The Final Chapters - Creating the Happy Ending (71:08)
Susan May Warren is the RITA award-winning novelist of over thirty novels. A five-time Christy award finalist, a two-time RITA Finalist, she’s also a multi-winner of the Inspirational Readers Choice award, and the ACFW Carol Award.
A seasoned women’s events speaker, she’s a popular writing teacher at conferences around the nation and the author of the beginning writer’s workbook: From the Inside-Out: discover, create and publish the novel in you!.