Overcoming Damaging Self-Talk
Triumph over negative thoughts with God's truth
The voices are there, deep inside you.
They play over and over, telling you you're not good enough.
Undermining your confidence, your peace, your joy.
You don't have to let negative self-talk influence your life.
Whether your negative self-talk stems from things people have said to you, life experiences, or the enemy's attacks—no matter what the source—you can stop it in its tracks.
You can learn to replace negative messages with God's truth and encouragement and find the freedom to empower your writing—and your life—in ways you've never dreamed!
The Power of Words
This course will help you understand the power of words on your heart and mind. It will guide you in:
- identifying your damaging self-talk
- recognizing lies and replacing them with truth
- developing the mindset you need to eliminate negative messages
- discovering the connection between feelings and the words we speak to ourselves
- and so much more!
In the process, you’ll choose specific truths from God to reprogram your heart and mind.
Don’t waste any more time or emotion battling negative voices and thoughts that tear you down and make you doubt yourself. Learn to embrace and be equipped by the most powerful weapon in a believer’s arsenal: God’s truth.
Why This Course?
How do you put powerful words on the page? You write with authenticity that stems from deep within. You write with a vulnerable heart.
But your ability to do that is hindered by negative messages and thoughts that dwell deep inside—and an enemy who knows exactly which ones to use against you.
Some negative thoughts are the fears you battle. Some are negative messages spoken into your life carelessly—or even intentionally. No matter what the source, you can learn to not only combat them, but eliminate them.
This course will teach you how. It will help you identify negative messages, the kind that whisper through you so often that they feel like they’re a part of who you are.
But they’re not! They’re a weapon that’s been planted inside you to keep you from doing the tasks God has for you.
Once you’ve identified your particular negative self-talk, then you’ll be ready to move forward, developing your battle plan for combatting—and then eliminating—those messages. You’ll learn how to reprogram the tapes that play inside you, how to realize self-sabotage yourself, and how to develop a habit of positive self-talk.
This 16-segment workshop will guide you as you dig deep to unearth negative messages and, with God’s help, walk away from them for good.
Who Needs This Course?
- have lost their passion
- battle a barrage of lies
- feel trapped in discouragement
- want to undergird their writing journey with truth
- want to let God’s voice lead their lives
- want to develop a more effective mindset to deal with constant upheaval in the writing industry
- struggle to see themselves as God sees them
- want to grow in their ability to use God’s Word as the powerful spiritual weapon God intended
What Will You Get from This Course?
- Sixteen audio presentations to walk you through the steps of understanding damaging self-talk, identifying your specific negative messages, choosing truths to replace the lies, and so much more
- Lessons on how to identify and overcome lies and how to deal with fear, negative emotions, self-sabotage, a damaging mindset, and more
- Worksheets that accompany the audio presentations to make the content applicable to you and your specific needs
- Practical action steps so you can apply what you've learned to your life and career
- Encouragement from God's Word
- Laughter to uplift you along your journey
- Powerful reminders that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Karen Ball & Erin Taylor Young use their almost 50 years (combined) of experience in the publishing field to equip, encourage, and guide you in your writing journey. From caring for your career, to preparing your heart, to building a solid anchor for whatever comes your way, their practical and powerful workshops will give you what you need to endure and thrive on your writing journey.