Prepare Your Heart to Be a Writer
Give yourself a God-based anchor for whatever comes your way
How much time—and money—have you spent chasing your dream to be a writer? Don’t spend one more minute—or cent—until you KNOW that your dream is really from God.
This course will help you be sure, one way or the other. And that will enable you to move forward with confidence and peace. Both of which you will need, because whatever your writing career brings you, you will encounter obstacles and struggles along with the joys and delights.
What's more, you can be sure, when you undertake this journey of writing with God, that the enemy will attack. Your most powerful weapon against any and all disappointments, obstacles, and attacks; the most effective tool to help you keep going when all you want to do is give up—is a heart that's grounded in the foundation of God's truth.
Why This Course?
Writing and publishing are extremely difficult industries to navigate. They will challenge every aspect of your self-esteem and leave you vulnerable to attack on your writer's heart. Getting lost is way too easy. Being distracted by detours is way too frustrating. Giving up is way too appealing when the journey gets hard.
This course will serve as your guide. It will help you see that when God gives you a task, He doesn't do so without equipping you, and His equipping goes beyond just skill and talent. It goes to the foundation of who you are in Him, and to the core of what drives you to be obedient to His direction.
In addition, this course will equip you to build a foundation of trust and truth so solid that nothing will shake it—and nothing will derail you from the task God's given you. It will remind you that quitting isn’t an option unless God releases you. And it will help you find joy in the journey—even when it’s rocky.
Who Needs This Course?
- Writers who thirst to know the presence of God in every aspect of their lives and careers
- Writers who are new and want to start out well
- Writers who have been in the business for a long time, but have lost their passion for what they're doing
- Writers who feel discouraged
- Writers who struggle to understand what, exactly, this task will require of them
- Writers who wonder how to balance family, work, and writing
- Writers who feel they've taken a wrong turn
- Writers who've been away from their careers and want to start again with a stronger foundation
What Will You Get from This Course?
- Three sections to walk you through the building blocks of a well-prepared heart
- An audio presentation and worksheets to make the content applicable to you and your specific needs
- Practical action steps so you can apply what you've learned to your life and career
- Encouragement from God's Word
- Laughter to uplift you along your journey
- The powerful sense that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Karen Ball & Erin Taylor Young use their almost 50 years (combined) of experience in the publishing field to equip, encourage, and guide you in your writing journey. From caring for your career, to preparing your heart, to building a solid anchor for whatever comes your way, their practical and powerful workshops will give you what you need to endure and thrive on your writing journey.
“I can't think of any better team to deliver this encouragement!…You've successfully given me a plan of action [for] a FIRM FOUNDATION through the Word of God and to not only protect my heart but to embrace the journey for and with my God!…What I wouldn't have given to have heard all this in 2010.”
- Pamela Hoffman
"You have provided a wealth of professional wisdom and practical advice in an organized, easy-to-follow format. Your passion for wanting to help Christian writers succeed comes through loud and clear. I loved your analogies and your many references to Scripture, and the reading recommendations you list at the end are excellent."
- Dee Dee Chumley
"The truths Erin and Karen teach in this course are simple, yet so vital for Christians to stay strong and spiritually healthy through the ups and downs of the writing life. As a seasoned writer, the course resonated with me in so many ways, yet I wish I'd learned these concepts thoroughly when I first began my writing journey! Every Christian writer needs this course - as soon as possible!"
- Misty M. Beller